Friday, August 29, 2008

FO--Cabled Afghan

Wednesday evening, I finally finished the cabled afghan I have been working on. My goal was to get it finished before this weekend so I can enter it in the Kansas City Irish Fest's Knitting Competition on Sunday.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

FO--Seascape Stole

I finished weaving ends in on July 25, 2008, but I still needed to block the stole. I used a 40% off coupon to order blocking wires from on July 27, 2008, and I received them August 4, 2008. I soaked the stole that night, then wrapped it in a towel to absorb the excess water. Then I feed it on to the blocking wires. By the time I got it on the wires, it seemed almost dry and would not stretch much, so I laid it out on my daybed. After buying a spray bottle, I managed to get it damp and stretch it and then pin it in place. I left it to dry overnight, but I ended up getting it damp again and stretching it some more to try to get it closer to the 63 inch length and 15 inch width specified in the pattern. It is not quite there, but maybe as I get better at blocking lace...