Monday, December 15, 2008

Hats

I have been in the process of making things for friends Mona and Pete. I decided to make a hat and scarf set for my friend Mona. So far I have just made the hat, and I think the scarf will have to wait, because I really need to get serious about designing the baby blanket for my friend Mary. Anyway, I made her one of SMarieK's Utopia Hats. I knew she liked blue, so I asked what shade. She told me the color of storm clouds right before it rained, so Dark Horse Fantasy's Military Blue was the closest match I could find. I had previously made one of these hats for myself, but I decided to make hers a little longer since mine is a little short. I think it turned out pretty well.

Pete has been wanting a Jayne Cobb hat for quite some time now, so I started looking for patterns. I opted for SMarieK's Jayne Cobb Hat. I used Dark Horse Fantasy Yarn in Dark Yellow, Orange, and Cherry. I think it turned out pretty well.


Now to wash them--hope they don't shrink ;)

3 comments:

smariek said...

Are you still looking for a scarf to go with the Utopia Hat? CatBookMom's Twisted Rope Scarf (ravlink) complements it nicely. I made one of these for my SIL.

Zandra said...

CatBookMom's Twisted Rope Scarf would compliment it nicely, but I have not decided yet. I need to get serious about a baby blanket I am designing.

Mona loves the hat. Pete immediately proceeded to put on the Jayne Hat and started quoting lines from Firefly.

Leslie said...

I love the cunning rendition of Our Mr. Cobb's hat. Great job. My version of it is on my blog. I made my in cotton as the DD can't do wool.