Sunday, January 25, 2009

Peanut's Blanket--Knitting

After finishing swatches, I cast on 132 stitches on January 13, 2009. The next evening at group, I ended up dropping some of the cast on stitches while helping a friend with a provisional cast on. I ripped out, cast on again, and started after counting my stitches. However, I really should have counted a second time, because the next day I discovered I had two extra stitches. So I ripped out, cast on again, and counted two or three times before starting to knit.

Coincidentally, Peanut arrived that same day. He was a bit early, and he had to stay at the hospital for a few days after mom went home, but he is home now.

By January 22, 2009, I had finished the first two sections of the blanket. I was still tinkering around with the design a bit, so I had not moved on to the next section. After getting some input from a friend about a swatch I was working on, I started the next section. Since I work on my knitting at the pub quite a bit, I showed Rich what I was working on, and he said the trees were spooky. I asked some others, and one said they are winter trees. I like that theory better :)


2 comments:

smariek said...

Maybe he was thinking Spooky Forest from Dora the Explorer, lol. I like Winter Trees better. :-) Peanut will love his blankie.

After having cast on the wrong number of stitches so many times in the past, I have made it a habit to count stitches twice (sometimes 3x) before I start knitting.

Zandra said...

I recount once or twice myself. I think I was probably distracted that evening.