January 30, 2009--I really did not like how I finished the window and door on Enchanted Cottage swatch, so I used a reversible cabling technique to bring the cabling to a point. I like the finished result much better.
I finished the Enchanted Cottage motif on February 6, 2009 and continued working on the Gingerbread Castle. I am knitting from the instructions I typed up, which has enabled me to edit the pattern as I go along.
This morning I discovered I left out a row on the instructions for the Gingerbread Castle motif, so I had to refer to the book I got the pattern from. I also made some slight modifications to the flag flying over the castle. I managed to finish the Gingerbread Castle motif and another section of reverse stockinette. Now I am working on the final section of trees.
After Rich called the trees spooky, I asked a number of my friends if they thought they were spooky, and they do not. Rich has also decided they are not spooky.