Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting There

I know I have been bad about blogging. Most evenings I just do not think about it. That being said, I have made substantial process on the Celtic Knot Stole. I finished the main part of it last week, and I finished the first edge last night.

After finishing the main part, I started working on the edge. The designer has the edge charted so that the right side rows are read left to right instead of right to left like I am used to, so that kind of threw me for a loop. I ended up recharting it so it would be easier for me to deal with, and that helped me quite a bit.

Today I put the other end on the needles and removed the provisional cast on. So far all I have managed to do is knit the first row it called for and then do the crochet cast on to get the edge started. I am still new to this particular crochet cast on, and it is a bit tricky for me. Hopefully, I will be able to start this edge with fewer missteps than the other one.


smariek said...

It looks great!

Provisional cast-ons scare me a bit. I'm not very good at the unzipping thing, so my fear would be spending a lot of time knitting something, then going to unzip the PCO and totally ruin the project ... and then having to start all over again.

Zandra said...