Last Tuesday night (Christmas), I decided I was not happy with the stocking, so I completely frogged it and started over. I went down a needle size and decided to carry no more than two colors in a row, which meant I would have to do a lot of duplicate stitch.
Friday I did not accomplish much. I had a funeral to attend out of town, and while I took the stuff with me to work on before the funeral started, I left the chart at home, so I pretty much just did what duplicate stitch I could.
Saturday I finished the duplicate stitch. If I do another of these stockings again, I may try to carry three colors in a row just to avoid having to do as much duplicate stitch. I also managed to turn the heel.
Now I am shaping the toe and hoping to finish it this evening. I am not looking forward to weaving in all the ends, but I hope it will not take too long.